The Greater Cherry Valley Chamber of Commerce
Don't' Miss it!
Cherry Valley's Annual Holiday
Open House Weekend
Saturday & Sunday
Dec. 7th & 8th
Come see the finest the season has to offer.
Holiday Decorations- Artwork-
Refreshments- Door Prizes
Holiday shopping in a relaxed and personal atmosphere
Santa will be at the
Cherry Valley Museum Sat.& Sun 1-3pm- Children get a goodie bag from Santa
Be sure to visit the Cherry Valley-Springfield Central School's Holiday Shoppes on Saturday Dec. 7th Only
Maps will be available
at each business
1. A Dickens of a Christmas – In the village of Middlefield offers an “Old fashioned” Christmas experience where you will discover all manner of crafts and gifts, wreaths, ornaments, dip & soup mixes, jams and so much more. New this year “bulk food” section. 3645 Co. Route 35 in Middlefield, just off route 166. 607-547-9648. Directions to A Dickens of a Christmas: Take Rte 166 10 miles to Middlefield. Take left onto Co. Hwy 35. Take first right, 4th house on right. Hours: Wed.-Sun. 10am to 5pm
2. A Rose is a Rose – A full service florist featuring the finest in holiday decorating ideas. Fresh wreaths, kissing balls, and unique door swags, Also a very nice selection of everlasting wreaths and centerpieces. Many great gift items and DELIVERY throughout the area. Stop by to see what’s new this holiday season. 17 Main St, Cherry Valley. 607-264-3100. www.aroseisaroseflorist.net Open Mon-Sat.
3. Cherry Valley Museum- Offers the visitor a unique look at our past in a 15 room, restored c.1815 home. Period clothing, furniture and furnishings, Bi-centennial quilt on display , also Indian artifacts, Civil War memorabilia, a melodeon collection, antique fire engines, farm tools plus lots of interesting gadgets from the past. Refreshments offered. Santa will be ready to visit with children 1-3pm on Saturday & Sunday. Children get a goodie bag! On line at www.cherryvalleymuseum.org. 49 Main St, Cherry Valley. 607-264-3098. Museum will be open 10-4.
5. Aris Mixon & Co.-Quaint gift shop offering, holiday decor & ornaments, pet gifts, scarves, quirky & whimsical gifts, baby gifts, jewery & more.
14 Main St. Cherry Valley
6. Plaide Palette – For the best of everything Celtic, Irish, Scottish & more! Offering a large selection of sterling jewelry-teas-musical instruments- sweaters, scarves and more. Enjoy 10% off all purchases.
45 Main St. 607-264-3769
7. The Cherry Branch Gallery- A “Christmas Market”. Oil and watercolor paintings by local artists. Also photographs, prints and cards. Variety of small craft items by upstate NY craftsmen, Suitable as gifts. Wildlife wood carvings and Mohawk leatherwork. 25 Main St, Cherry Valley. 607-264-9530.
8. The Tepee- Fine Native crafted items, Minnetonka Moccasins, Dakota Gold and Silver jewelry, candles, greeting cards, many products made in The USA and New York. End of Season Sales. Save 20% off total order (not valid with items already on sale, consignment items or moccasins). Refreshments will be served, enter drawing. For holiday hours go to to www.thetepee.biz Located on Route 20 between Cherry Valley & Sharon Springs. 607-264-3987 Open year round
9.Cherry Valley – Springfield Teachers Assn.- HOLIDAY SHOPPES. SATURDAY ONLY 10am – 3pm at the Cherry Valley Springfield Central School Gym. Crafts, Food, Jewelry etc. Get a jump on your holiday shopping. Proceeds will be used to enhance student programs. For more info. Contact Mercedes Kassinger 607-264-3265 ext.230 Located on Cty. Rd. 54-Cherry Valley Over 25 Vendors!
10. St. Thomas the Apostle Church- Soup & Sandwich Luncheon from 11am to 2pm
Christmas Chinese Auction. Drawing at 2pm.
All items are new! Enjoy cookies & tea during the auction.At Kateri Hall- 13 Church Street Cherry Valley
11. Friends of Glimmerglass State Park Festival of Trees. Decorated trees will be raffled as well as specialty raffles, refreshments, wagon rides, music and Santa. Festivities begin Friday at 6pm with the Lighting of the Covered Bridge.
www.friendsofglimmerglass.com for details
Both days noon to 5pm at Glimmerglass state Park- Wagon rides 4-6pm each day. Proceed benefit winter activities.
12. Nectar Hills Farm Store
Visit our store for unique gifts for the special people on your holiday list or have some of our grassfed meats for your holiday table. We offer clothing, jewelry, acessories, art, sheepskin pillows & hats as well as food items.
We have meats, honey, cheeese, eggs & maple syrup. To order a holiday roast call: 607-638-5758. Located at 17 1/2 main st.
13.Down the Rabbit Hole- 39 Main St. ( Lafond House) Trial Opening this Weekend!! Great holiday items, household items, collectables and gifts for everyone on your list including yourself! There will also be consultants from Thirty One Gifts- Origami Owl- Cruise Planners Travel Associates- And Amy Russo's Special Occasion Cakes. Don't miss this one stop shop! We also do personalized shopping, so please let us know if you see something you like and we'll be sure and let "Santa" know. We will have Giveaways, warm drinks, snacks & goodies. Happiest of Holidays to You & Yours- Pat LaFond, Amy Russo, Christine Martin, Kim Gustafson, & Laurie Spencer. Ho Ho Ho
4th Annual Spring Fling!
Fri & Sat. April 3rd & 4th
The Old school gym
Genesee St. Cherry Valley
Friday..Annual Alumni Basketball Game@630
Saturday .. Pancake breakfast 7-11 FireHouse
Dodge Ball Tournament beginning @ 12 noon ( if you would like to get a team together please let me know.. There is a 15 team maximum.. First 15 teams to register will play)$10.00 per player ..minimum 7 players per team
face painting . bake sale.and concession stand open throughout the day until tournament ends...*hot dogs.Burgers.Sausage w/peppers& onions.. and Fresh cut French Fries*
Live Band CRASH COURSE starting at 8 pm at the community center $5.00 cover
Cherry Valley Chamber Holiday Auction
7pm at the " Old School Café"
Genesee St. Cherry Valley
Preview at 6:30
Bill Armistead Auctioneer
New Items- Fresh Wreaths-Gift Baskets
Gift Certificates- Art- Services- Jewelry and more
The absolute most fun you will ever have Christmas shopping!
Bring your friends
Something for EVERYONE!
Proceeds benefit community projects